Re: File-Selection Dialog out of Forms45

From: Robert Puerzl <robert.puerzl_at_siemens.at>
Date: 1997/08/05

Lutz Brockmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> during my work with ORACLE FORMS4.5 I've got the problem to select a file
> out of a PL/SQL-trigger. The result of the selection process has to be
> the name and path of the file.
> Is there anybody out there, who has developed a package or something like
> that, which solves this problem? I've to use this feature under NT, 95, 3.11
> and HP-UX.
>
> Thanks for help
>
> Lutz.Brockmann_at_yasc.de
> --
>
> yasc Informatik GmbH Telefon: 0531/890080
> Kreuzstr. 7 Fax: 0531/890082

For NT/95 there is a library in the forms45\plsqllib directory called D2KWUTIL. It contains an PL/SQL package with the subprograms OPEN_FILE, SAVE_FILE, SELECT_PRINTER. This functions are not compatible with 3.11. But we found out, that there is a library for 3.11 at the Dev2000/16-Bit called D2KWFILE. But this library only contains a function to open a file, not to save.
For HP-UX I cant't give any hint.

Hope that helps
Robert Puerzl, Siemens AG Austria Received on Tue Aug 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message