Re: Windows NT ODBC question

From: Vance Pan <vypan_at_unixg.ubc.ca>
Date: 1997/08/02

Merrill Lynch wrote:

> How do I connect my Access client to an Oracle server running on a Sun
> Unix
> box?
>
> I would assume that I use the oracle odbc driver.
>
> 1. What is the version I should use? What is the path in oracle's ftp
> site?
> 2. Do I need sqlnet on the client? on the server?
> 3. What configuration is required on the server?
> 4. What configuration is required on the client?

Hi,

Of course, you must be able to ping <server name> from your client machine. If a name server does not exist on your network, add an entry to your hosts file.

I hope this helps.

Vance

Vance Pan                       Email: vypan_at_unixg.ubc.ca

Free version of SimbaExpress! Download it at... http://www.simbatech.com/express

Need to build ODBC drivers? Check out... http://www.simbatech.com/sdk

For other information, you can contact info_at_simbatech.com