Oracle Forms 4.5 Problem - ignoring code??

From: <jevdemon_at_perspect.com>
Date: 1997/07/31

This is somewhat of a newbie question, so please accept my apologies in advance.

One of my co-workers is using Forms 4.5 and is having a strange problem. He has added code to a form that appears to get ignored when he runs his application.

He added code to the WHEN NEW FORM INSTANCE trigger to pop up a messagebox. The messagebox never appears. It seemed that the form being displayed when he ran his app. is not the form he was modifying. We confirmed this by placing an extra button on the form in question and recompiling/rerunnning the app. Sure enough, when the form he had been modifying appeared there was no button (the messagebox still didn't appear either).

Obviously the form appearing when he runs his app is an "older" version and is somehow not being "refreshed" when he recompiles or saves the form.

There is only one copy of this form (there are not multiple copies in multiple directories).

What's going on? We realize that this is probably a very basic question, but we would appreciate any advice anyone can offer.

Thanks!

John Evdemon
Perspective Technology Corp.