Re: forms 4.5 block navigation

From: QuadTwin <quadtwin_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/07/30

Tracey wrote:
> I have 1 form which has 2 canvases, A & B. Canvas A is content, B is
> stacked. Each canvas represents a separate block. Canvas B is
> initiated by a button ( 'When-button-pressed' trigger ) on Canvas A.
> Canvas B has a 'Close' button which hides canvas B. Currently, if the
> user is located somewhere in canvas B, they can use the mouse to
> click on an item in canvas A. I do not want them to be able to focus
> on any item in Canvas A until they have 'Closed' canvas B using the
> 'close' button. I tried setting the next and previous block
> navigation properties for the canvas/block B, but this did not help.
> Can I force the 'when button pressed' trigger for the 'Close' button
> to execute
> if the focus moves to another block?? Any other ideas?? Thanks in
> advance.

I think the easiest way to accomplish your goal is to create a second window with the properties modal and dialog. Assign canvas B to this window. The operator will have to press the close button on canvas B because it is the only option.

Al

Al Lawson
Interactive Group, Inc.
www.interactive-group.com
lawsona_at_interactive-group.com Received on Wed Jul 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message