Importing Databases

From: Scott Metro <smetro_at_world.std.com>
Date: 1997/07/30

[Quoted] I need to periodically synchronize a development database with a production database. I have been doing this by exporting (either full or user) from the production database and then dropping the user in the development database and then importing the user into the dev. database.

The two databases are not connected. Basically, when I'm at a client, I export the database and when I get back I use the above process to import it.

Is this the best way, or is there a simpler way, that doesn't require dropping the user first. One problem with my way, is that the triggers don't seem to be coming over, and I need to recreate them manually.

Thanks in advance,
smetro_at_world.std.com Received on Wed Jul 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message