Re: UTL_FILE with FOPEN, GET_LINE, and Wrong Number of Arguments?

From: Finn Ellebaek Nielsen <ellebuk_at_post3.tele.dk>
Date: 1997/07/29

Hi,

Arnold Angel wrote:

> Can anyone help me search for the obvious oversite? I have tried many
> variations and I keep getting the "PLS-00306: wrong number or types of
> arguments in call to 'SAMP_LOAD_SRV'." I did a describe on the
> procedure and found the correct number and types of arguments. I have
> included the procedure and table description in the body of this
> message. I would appreciate any suggestions. I'm already using
> SQL*Loader but require a programmatic option.
>
> SQL> execute samp_load_srv('\u15\www_dev\utl','test.txt');
> begin samp_load_srv('\u15\www_dev\utl','test.txt'); end;
>
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
> PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to
> 'SAMP_LOAD_SRV'
> ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
> PL/SQL: Statement ignored
>
> The UTL_FILE package requires INIT.ORA file to have a secure directory
> location specified as follows: utl_file_dir = /u15/www_dev/utl or
> \tmp etc.....
>
> SQL> desc samp_load_srv
> PROCEDURE samp_load_srv
> Argument Name Type In/Out
> Default?
> ------------------------------ ----------------------- ------
> --------
> P_FILEDIR VARCHAR2 IN
> P_FILENAME VARCHAR2 IN
> P_TOTALINSERTED NUMBER IN/OUT
The error messages states exactly what the problem is: The third parameter is
missing! You would need to write the following from SQL*Plus:

declare
  total_inserted number;

begin
  samp_load_srv('\u15\www_dev\utl', 'test.txt', total_inserted); end;

Ciao,

Finn

 Finn Ellebaek Nielsen          Oracle Associated Senior Consultant
 Ellebaek Consulting            E-mail:           ellebuk_at_post3.tele.dk
 Niels Ebbesens Vej 9, 3. th.   Mobile Phone:     +45 20 32 49 25
 DK-1911  Frederiksberg C       Mobile Phone SMS: 20324925_at_sms.tdm.dk
(Subject)
 Denmark                        Private Phone:    +45 33 25 34 50
 "Life is a beach and then you dive"                      "Divers do it
deeper"