Re: Forms 4.5 LOV help needed!

From: <Yoann>
Date: 1997/07/25

In article <5r33o5$90e_at_drn.zippo.com>, lewisj2_at_wdni.com says...

Hello!

I need some assistance with validation of a field by setting the LOV for Validation property to True. How can I handle cases where the user types in some bogus value and then wants to close the screen. They don't care that the value entered is invalid. Plus once the screen they are currently on is losed, the block containing this field is cleared. Currently, the user would hve close the LOV, delete the value they presently have in that item and then close the form. it sure would be nice to give them the ability to just close the orm and forget corecting the field that is going to get flushed out anyway.

If you can help me with this, I sure would appreciate it!!

Send responses to my email account if possible.

Thank you!

Jody Lewis

I think, you should clear the record before exiting the form using clear_record built-in function. That should do the trick. Received on Fri Jul 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message