ODBC from Word7 to an external database.

From: Charles Jardine <cj10_at_cam.ac.uk>
Date: 1997/07/24

I want to use an Oracle database as a data source for a mail merge in MS-Word 7.

I have installed a suitable ODBC driver, and can use MS-Query to retireve data from Oracle. I can even transfer this data from MS-Query to Word and use it as a mail-merge data source.

I feel it ought to be possible to access the Oracle database directly from Word, wihtout using Query, by suitable options to the CreateDataSource or OpenDataSource method of the MailMerge object. However, I can't make it work.

I would be very grateful for any information on this topic. Received on Thu Jul 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message