Crystal Reports Connect String for an Oracle NT Workgroup Server database instance

From: Shawn Campbell <sjcampbl_at_idcomm.com>
Date: 1997/07/21

I'm sure this is an elementary question, but it has me stumped. I could sure use some help defining the Connect property for my Crystal Reports OCX.

I am using Crystal Reports to create mailing labels from data in a temporary Oracle table in an instance running on an NT Workgroup Server. Server Name- NTDORA, Instance Name- ORCL, User IDREGISTRATIONS,  Password- let's say GOOSE.

I am doing development against Personal Oracle and am not sure how to port this to a network environment against a live database. I have told Crystal to use its native Oracle SQL drivers rather than ODBC. Does Crystal need SQLNet2 on the client machine? If so, can or does it use TNS-Names network definitions?

I'm new to both Crystal and Oracle (I'm an MS Access buff). Any help would be appreciated. Please e-mail and reply to newsgroup.

Thanks,

Shawn Campbell
sjcampbl_at_idcomm.com Received on Mon Jul 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message