Re: How to populate an LOV with SYSDATE, SYSDATE-1,etc.

From: Peter H. Larsen <plen_at_novo.dk>
Date: 1997/07/10

--------------CE2F10263DED5DCC072743A7

Hi Mark,

I would make on WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE a recordgroup using a PL/SQL script and a loop. The SQL would require a "dummy" table of at least 10 records, and as dates don't change during the day, even ACCESSING the DB to produce such a list seems too far fetched. A simple PL/SQL loop and ADD_RECORD calls to a recordgroup should be more than sufficient.

  • Peter H. Larsen

Mark Hide wrote:

[Quoted] > Could anyone tell me what SQL I need to generate a record group that
> will consist of the ten dates leading up to today ?
>
> Can I do it with a simple query or do I have to use PL/SQL ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Mark Hide

--------------CE2F10263DED5DCC072743A7

<HTML>

Hi Mark,

<P>I would make on WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE a <B>recordgroup</B> using a
PL/SQL script and a loop. The SQL would require a "dummy" table of at least 10 records, and as dates don't change during the day, even ACCESSING the DB to produce such a list seems too far fetched. A simple PL/SQL loop and ADD_RECORD calls to a recordgroup should be more than sufficient.

<P>- Peter H. Larsen

<P>Mark Hide wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Could anyone tell me what SQL I need to generate
a record group that
<BR>will consist of the ten dates leading up to today ?

<P>Can I do it with a simple query or do I have to use PL/SQL ?

<P>Thanks.

<P>--
<BR>Mark Hide</BLOCKQUOTE>

&nbsp;&nbsp;</HTML>