Re: Intercartridge Communcation (PL/SQL / SSI LiveHTML)

From: Simon Morley <morleys_at_entcf2.agw.bt.co.uk>
Date: 1997/07/03

Alf-Kenneth Aabel wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I wonder if anyone can tell me how to make the HTML-output from a
> PL/SQL procedure be returned through the SSI cartridge (called
> LiveHTML in WebServer 3.0), so that the Server side include get
> executed. I want this to be done without any user intervention.
>
> The scenario is:
>
> 1. User hits Submit button
> 2. PL/SQL procedure foo is executed
> 3. foo returns an HTMLpage containing Serverside includes, and these
> serverside includes should be executed so that the user can see the
> result of these commands.
>
> Any suggestions?

I have been trying to achieve exactly the same functionality with webserver 2.1.1 (on Solaris) with no success. I have been told by Oracle tech support that this should be possible using the ICX (inter cartridge exchange) features of Webserver 3.0.but nobody will actually confirm this.
I am about to upgrade my Webserver to v3.0 so will keep you posted. If anybody already using version 3.0 has any experiences of invoking the SSI cartridge from the PL/SQL cartridge I would be very interested in hearing them.

Regards,

Simon Morley.

Opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect my employers