Re: Using LOV's in query-only mode

From: Ian C. Sellers <ian_at_mystical.net>
Date: 1997/07/03

--------------F441645E587DF8EF3CFAE883

Steve,

It's not the LOV as such, but_it_is_the record group created by the LOV and the 'select into' statement it generates to return items from the LOV to text items (for criteria on which to query).

If you tell it "Yes", to save the changes, here's the statement it generates after executing the query (gleaned from 'display message' at runtime):
INSERT INTO LU_SUBS(LU_NUM) VALUES (:LU_NUM) I have double and triple checked my triggers, even so far as to include message('This trigger fired') statements in them so I'd be absolutely certain when they were firing, and none fire at this point!

It had a POST-QUERY trigger (since removed) only to confirm that :SYSTEM.FORM_STATUS is being set to "CHANGED" after (or perhaps before) completion of the query.

Again, thanks.

-Ian

Steve Johnson wrote:

> When you use the LOV in 'ENTER-QUERY' mode it will not change the
> :SYSTEM.FORM_STATUS.  What's probably changing the :SYSTEM.FORM_STATUS
>
> is a column getting populated or changed in a trigger.  Usually
> a POST_QUERY trigger.
>
> Steve

--------------F441645E587DF8EF3CFAE883

<HTML>

Steve,

<P>It's not the LOV as such, but_it_is_the record group created by the
LOV and the <U>'select into'</U> statement it generates to <U>return items</U> from the LOV to text items (for criteria on which to query).

<P>If you tell it "Yes", to save the changes, here's the statement it generates
after executing the query (gleaned from 'display message' at runtime):
<BR>INSERT INTO LU_SUBS(LU_NUM) VALUES (:LU_NUM)

<P>I have double and triple checked my triggers, even so far as to include
message('This trigger fired') statements in them so I'd be absolutely certain when they were firing, and none fire at this point!

<P>It had a POST-QUERY trigger (since removed) only to confirm that :SYSTEM.FORM_STATUS
is being set to "CHANGED" after (or perhaps before) completion of the query.

<P>Again, thanks.

<P>-Ian

<P>Steve Johnson wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>When you use the LOV in 'ENTER-QUERY' mode it will
not change the
<BR>:SYSTEM.FORM_STATUS.&nbsp; What's probably changing the :SYSTEM.FORM_STATUS
<BR>is a column getting populated or changed in a trigger.&nbsp; Usually
<BR>a POST_QUERY trigger.

<P>Steve
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE>
</HTML>