Re: Trying to get SQL PLUS 3.1 to run under Windows

From: Ian C. Sellers <ian_at_mystical.net>
Date: 1997/07/02

I too suffered this same DLL error when trying to connect via tcp/ip sql*net 2 to AIX Oracle instance from windows 3.1 dev 2/k (ver 1.2.?). Does the Oracle Net Ping test work? (in 'Oracle' group). If not, etc, it may be same prob.

I solved it, but don't know exactly how. Even after fixing it, that DLL was still not on my system. I de-installed all components I did not need with the Oracle installer, (ODBC's, Rdb products, SPX adapter v2 and SQL*Net TCP v1, etc - dependant on environment) and I also de-installed SQL*Net itself and the TCP adapter I was using. I then re-installed the SQL*Net and TCP/IP adapter v2 from the CD-ROM, double checked that my orawin\network\admin\tnsnames.ora had my instance names listed and that the sqlnet.ora in the same dir was accurate.

Then it worked... Sorry I can't be more specific.

-Ian