Forms 4.5: "Record updated by another user" and more...

From: <Stefan.Nilsson_at_ellips.sydkraft.se>
Date: 1997/06/27

Hello,

[Quoted] [Quoted] We have a problem regarding Forms 4.5 and Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.2.3.0:

[Quoted] A form is based on a table with a NOT NULL column that holds audit information ("createdby"). An insert is done in the form (where the audit field is not visible) and "createdby" is set in that record in a database trigger. Everything is fine, so long.

But:

The record (still up in the form) is then updated immediately in the form which causes the message "Record has been updated by another user" to display (since a change was done in the databse trigger) , but the update is processed to the database anyway. Is there anyway to avoid this message ?

Further:

Since the record in the form does not have any values in "createdby" another message is displayed saying "Oracle error - Unable to update record, mandatory column is missing". This because Forms try to process the record in the form to the database with "createdby"=NULL which is not allowed.

Could someone sort this out for me please. Is there anyway to avoid these errors ?

Does anyone know how it works on Forms 5.0 or a later version of Oracle database ?

Thanks for any advice.

Stefan Nilsson
Sigma Exallon Information AB
Malmö, Sweden
email: stefan.nilsson_at_ellips.sydkraft.se Received on Fri Jun 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message