Re: embedded SQL

From: Chris Nelson <chris.nelson_at_sdrc.com>
Date: 1997/06/23

Michael Polikoff wrote:

> I'm currently working on a databasing project in which I'm designing
> an
> applications interface in HTML. In order to interface with the
> database
> (Oracle), I need to write CGI scripts with embedded SQL. I know this
> can be accomplished with C or Visual Basic, but I don't have time to
> learn a new language. Does anyone know how this could be done with
> Perl?
>
> Desperate for any help anyone could give me -- even a link to a good
> source of info. Thanks.
>
> Mike Polikoff
> michael_at_uss.net
> mpolly_at_miint.net

If you really want to do your development in Perl, take a look at the DBI module. You can download it from CPAN. You can get to CPAN at http://www.perl.org. It's a snap to install, and it works great for simple stuff.

But if you're doing much serious web interfacing to Oracle, you should look at the Oracle Webserver. You can download it to demo for 60 days from www.oracle.com You'd have to write your code in PL/SQL, but it's still worth the trouble, I think. Received on Mon Jun 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message