Re: My Binary Experience

From: Alexey Solovjev <clarion_at_cst.spb.su>
Date: 1997/06/22

Hello!

[Quoted] From: Werner <werner.smit_at_baps.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 23:21:08 -0700

>But 2 minutes after this I found another problem. Although I now
>can add NULLS, i cannot add any character above 126.
>aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!
>
>Oracle decides that it cannot handle higher than 126 in this instance
>and translate them all to "?" or otherwise known as 63.
>
>Adding them via sqlprop work if you break it down to numbers
> chr(127)||chr(128) on and insert statement though...
>But I would really hate doing that - it's just plain messy..

Werner, are you sure your software is tuned properly? About year ago I'd played with Oracle Connect and it had worked with russian text (all characters have codes >128) well.

Alexey Solovjev

E-Mail: clarion_at_cst.spb.su

         dalboww_at_pop.convey.ru Received on Sun Jun 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message