Re: Pro*C Resources

From: Bryan Dollery <Bryan_at_Bryan.prestel.co.uk>
Date: 1997/06/17

Oracle's "Database Developers Guide" is the best book I have read on this subject. It covers Pro*C, and PL/SQL, as well as a lot of other Oracle stuff. It is designed for the C programmer, and assumes a lot. I think that it's great.

--
Bryan
Twas brillig, and the slithy toves

Nick Butler <nfbutler_at_sigma-micro.com> wrote in article
<01bc7b1d$af7cf000$5babf6ce_at_smrdpc02.sigma-micro.com>...

: Oracle has a manual "Programmer's Guide to the Oracle Pro*C/C++
: Precompiler"
: It is the only documentation I have seen for Pro*C/C++.
:
:
: > I am involved in a Client/Server project using Oracle's Pro*C. I am
new
: > to Oracle and in search of good reference materials on Pro*C and
PL/SQL.
: > Any suggestions as to books, sites, etc. which might be of assistance
: > me. I am not a complete beginner, I have four years experience with
SQL
: > ( Sybase ) and 5 years programming with C/C++. Thank you.
:
: