Forms 4.5 Assistance Please!

From: Jody Lewis <lewisj2_at_wdni.com>
Date: 1997/06/13

[Quoted] I am running into a problem with restricted built-in procedures.

Here is what I need to do:

I have a non-base item text field that is going to have data entered through a scanner. The behavior this scanning gun simulates is typing value into item and pressing enter.

The "enter" coming from the scanner gun needs to insert the appropriate record into a table behind the scenes using the information scanned in (this needs to include commit) Then requerying two blocks of the four blocks visible on screen (all located on the same canvas) needs to take place. These blocks are base-table blocks tied to queries for purposes of displaying and selecting data only.

I had a POST_CHANGE on the text item but I am unable to use the restricted built-in procedures here and I was unable to find anything else that would work the way I prescribed without running into the same dilemna.

If you could help me with any of this, I would certainly appreciate any advice.

Thank you in advance.

Jody
to block Received on Fri Jun 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message