Simple Backups

From: Curtis Preston <curtis_at_pencom.com>
Date: 1997/06/12

In article <339E699C.307A_at_ukerna.ac.uk>, From Corin Lanser <c.lanser_at_ukerna.ac.uk>, the following was written:
> I am using Oracel 7.3.2 and currently backup all Oracle Datafiles and
> Control files daily using UNIX backup methods. I would like to know if
> there are any simple ways to backup with Oracle facilities, ensuring
> that individual parts of the database can be recovered without risk of
> incompatibilities such as some data older than others, etc.

Check out my "Hot Backups for Oracle" article in SysAdmin magazine. I have a newer version of the script of you want it. Just write.

http://www.samag.com/507art.htm Received on Thu Jun 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message