Using dynamic SQL in Developer 2000

From: Maoz Mussel <mmussel_at_iil.intel.com>
Date: 1997/06/09

Hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I would like to run dynamic SQL statement in Developer 2000. [Quoted] [Quoted] In particular, I would like to run the following query:

[Quoted]         SELECT count (*) FROM table_name WHERE|| where_var

Where 'where_var' will be a variable including the where statement. I know I should be doing it using DBMS_SQL (is there another way ???), but:
1) Current version of D2k doesn't support pl/sql 2 which I need to

   run such a query.
2) I try to run it directly from the server, and couldn't found the

   correct syntax.

If you have an example to what I need, and/or can advice me some more on this subject, please reply.

Thanks in advance,
Maoz
(mmussel_at_iil.intel.com) Received on Mon Jun 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message