Re: forms3.0 and ORacle 7.3

From: D.M. Mattix <>
Date: 1997/05/23

In article <01bc66ed$99105d00$> "Miles Thomas" <thomasm_at_"at".logica."dot".com> wrote:

> D.M. Mattix <> wrote in article
> <5m1jmh$>...

>> In article <>
>> Susan Dahl <> wrote:
>> > Christoph Torlinsky wrote:
>> Actually it seems yes (and no). Database 7.3 only supports SQL*Net 2 so
>> as another poster indicated you have to have a Forms 3 that supports
>> SQL*Net 2, the OpenVMS version does. When we were attempting to
>> convert Forms 3 to Forms 4.5 we found the developer used 'Copy Reference'
>> which looks for procedures stored in certain database tables. This is
>> under the Forms 3 Designer as 'Save to Database'. This command is not
>> available in Forms 4.5 so the tables are not available. We had to Export
>> the tables after they were populated and import them into the 7.3
>> to get the F45GEN to convert the Forms 3 to Forms 4.5.
> I've had the 'save to database' option working on Form4.5 win3.11.  You
> have to create &  grant the Dev2K database tables first, using the scripts
> supplied on the Dev2k CD rom.  Then you can convert your referenced forms
> to the database, which then allows you to convert the rest.

Yeah, I found that one yesterday after I posted my first response. It is under the Dev2K Admin section of Dev2K not in the Forms Designer like in Forms 3.

It is actually a very powerful technique and probably should be used extensively.

D.M. (Mike) Mattix
Monsanto Company
Luling, LA
(My comments do not reflect the position of Monsanto) (I know, like you thought they did..) Received on Fri May 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message