Re: forms3.0 and ORacle 7.3

From: D.M. Mattix <dmmatt_at_monsanto.com>
Date: 1997/05/23

In article <01bc66ed$99105d00$4621ea9e_at_UKP01436.logica.co.uk> "Miles Thomas" <thomasm_at_"at".logica."dot".com> wrote:

> D.M. Mattix <dmmatt_at_monsanto.com> wrote in article
> <5m1jmh$cc7_at_mhstl1.monsanto.com>...

>> In article <3383310A.4A31_at_usano.ksc.nasa.gov>
>> Susan Dahl <dahlsg_at_usano.ksc.nasa.gov> wrote:
>>
>> > Christoph Torlinsky wrote:
 [SNIP]

>> Actually it seems yes (and no). Database 7.3 only supports SQL*Net 2 so
>> as another poster indicated you have to have a Forms 3 that supports
>> SQL*Net 2, the OpenVMS version does. When we were attempting to
>> convert Forms 3 to Forms 4.5 we found the developer used 'Copy Reference'
>> which looks for procedures stored in certain database tables. This is
 done
>> under the Forms 3 Designer as 'Save to Database'. This command is not
>> available in Forms 4.5 so the tables are not available. We had to Export
>> the tables after they were populated and import them into the 7.3
 database
>> to get the F45GEN to convert the Forms 3 to Forms 4.5.
>
> I've had the 'save to database' option working on Form4.5 win3.11.  You
> have to create &  grant the Dev2K database tables first, using the scripts
> supplied on the Dev2k CD rom.  Then you can convert your referenced forms
> to the database, which then allows you to convert the rest.

Yeah, I found that one yesterday after I posted my first response. It is under the Dev2K Admin section of Dev2K not in the Forms Designer like in Forms 3.

It is actually a very powerful technique and probably should be used extensively.

D.M. (Mike) Mattix
Monsanto Company
Luling, LA
dmmatt_at_monsanto.com
(My comments do not reflect the position of Monsanto) (I know, like you thought they did..) Received on Fri May 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message