Re: Oracle Replication vs SQL*LOADER

From: Keith Finnett <keppy_at_lineone.net>
Date: 1997/05/23

sli_at_vnet.net wrote in article <337e1aaa.26727886_at_news.vnet.net>...

> I have a remote production Oracle Database. I would like to download
> data from it to Personal Oracle on my laptop.
>

> I am considering two options:
>
> <1> use sql*loader
>
> <2> Is there such a thing in Oracle like MS SQL Server replication ?
> How ?
>
> TIA

First use the exp utility to export the data from the remote db. FTP the resulting file to your laptop and use the Personal Oracle imp utility to put the data into your own db. I use it regularly, and it works very well.

k Received on Fri May 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message