Re: Pro*C newbie needs help linking

From: Paul <pts_at_not.valid>
Date: 1997/05/22

Chuck Hamilton wrote:

> I have a really simple test pro*c program that I'd like to compile and
> link. The precompiler runs fine against it but when I try to compile
> and link, I get an error that says...
>
> /usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
> sqlcxt (code)
>
> The platform is hpux 10.20, Oracle 7.3.2, Pro*C 2.2.2.0
>
> Can someone tell me what the command line I need to compile and link
> would be.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> Chuck Hamilton
> chuckh_at_dvol.com
>
> If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Chuck,
I've had these errors before,

try my compile file:

#most minimum compile command I can put together.
#needs these oracle libraries.
#repeated ones are needed and order is important.
#even though I don't know why.
#last one is maths library needed as well.

cc -Aa test.c -o test \
${ORACLE_HOME}/lib/osntab.o \

-L${ORACLE_HOME}/lib \
-lsql  -lora -lnlsrtl3 -lcore3  -lsqlnet \
-lora -lnlsrtl3 -lcore3 -lcv6 \
-lm

hope this helps
paul. Received on Thu May 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message