Re: Unix Env. Variables from PL/SQL

From: Keith J. Vargas <keithv_at_an.hp.com>
Date: 1997/05/21

Richard Bolz wrote:

> Could someone tell me how I might access Unix environment variables from
> PL/SQL.
>
> Failing that, is there a good way (from PL/SQL or SQL PLUS) to move a
> file from one Unix directory to another?
>
> Thanx
>
> Dick

Dick
Here is an example of how I access a shell variable from PL/SQL. I pass in
an argument (shell variable) on the command line itself.

        sqlplus $USER/$PASS _at_$SQL_DIR/setcharges.sql $BATCH_ID >> $LOG_DIR/$LOGFILE Notice the $BATCH_ID, its a ksh variable. In the sql code, I then reassign it to
a local variable this way:

	DECLARE
        batch_id  varchar2(6) := &&1;

This tells the internal variable to pick up the first command line argument from above.
Then I use it from there on out.

Hope this helps

Keith Vargas
Hewlett Packard, Andover MA Received on Wed May 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message