Re: Question on utl_file

From: Jurij Modic <jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si>
Date: 1997/05/21

I found out that UTL_FILE path parameter is case sensitive even on NT (I vas expecting to be so on UNIX, but not on NT!). That means, you have to pass path parameter to FOPEN function in exactly same upper/lower case as specified in UTL_FILE_DIR init parameter.

I have set UTL_FILE_DIR to be 'd:\temp' and when I tried to open file with UTL_FILE.FOPEN('D:\TEMP','MY_FILE.TXT','w') I persistently got unhandeled path exception error. Exception disappeared when I passed PATH parameter exactly as it is in UTL_FILE_DIR. Note that additional backslash at the end of path parameter is not required and also causes an error.

Regards,

 ! Jurij Modic                            Republic of Slovenia !
 !  tel: +386 61 178 55 14                Ministry of Finance  !
 !  fax: +386 61  21 45 84                Zupanciceva 3        !
 !  e-mail: jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si  Ljubljana 1000       !