Re: How to print out messages in a PL/SQL block

From: J. Troy Tinnes <tinnes_at_cig.nml.mot.com>
Date: 1997/05/20

In article <1997May20.034146.6923_at_schbbs.mot.com>, <> wrote:

[Quoted] > How to print messages to screen during excuting a PL/SQL procedure?
> How to use procedures in package DBMS_*(eg. DBMS_OUTPUT, DBMS_SQL)?

You cannot print messages to the screen during the execution of a PL/SQL procedure. But what I did was create a MESSAGES table that would update with messages I'd put throughout my code while it ran for debug purposes. As it committed, I was able to review the status of that procedure while it ran by running a select statement periodically on the MESSAGES table. Received on Tue May 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message