Passing Forms 4.5 data to Reports 2.5 for printing

From: Laura Larry Van Deusen <laura_at_jcc.com>
Date: 1997/05/08

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have a screen full of information from Forms 4.5. I want to pass the data to Reports to print (or mail) it.
I use System.Last_Query to grab the forms query, create a record group from the query, create a parameter list and add the record group name to it and use Run_Product and pass the parameter list. This works fine. I see my data in Reports just like I want it. My problem is that when I monitor the database, I can see Reports repeating the database fetch for the query. I can't afford a second database hit. I figure if I already fetched the rows once in forms, reports ought to be able to access them for print, display, etc. How do I do this?
Thanks,
Laura Van Deusen
Laura_at_jcc.com Received on Thu May 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message