Problems with VBX Controls

From: Odd Magne Haagensen <omh_at_hinux.hin.no>
Date: 1997/05/07

[Quoted] I'm having problems trying to use VBX controls in Forms 4.5

I followed the steps in the book 'Oracle Forms 4.5 - Advanced techniques' [Quoted] by Oracle, and I have successfully specified the VBX control file name in the VBX Control File field of the Properties window. But when I double-click on the VBX Control Name field, I always get the error message: FRM-15504: Cannot retrieve list of VBX control names.

I've tried different VBX Control Files but with the same result.

What could possibly be the reason for this problem? Do I need to use any special type of VBX files?

I'm using NT 4.0 by the way.

Thanks for any help!

Odd Magne Haagensen (omh_at_hinux.hin.no) Fiolstien 3B 8500 NARVIK, NORWAY Studying computer science at Phone: 76 94 68 04 Narvik College of Engineering