ORACLE_TERM problem

From: Mal Heseltine <mth_at_qld.mim.com.au>
Date: 1997/05/02

[Quoted] I'm running runform45 in character mode on Solaris 2.5

I have created terminal resource files for various terminals where the device name specified in the file is different to the filename.

I want to set ORACLE_TERM=<filename>:<device> such that i do not need to specify RUNFORM45 TERM=...

However, it does not work. I get a toolkit error. It seems as if ORACLE_TERM cannot be used this way. It appears that it does not like the :<device> part. If the device name is the same then it works fine.

Has anyone come across this problem? Is it a bug? Is there a fix?

The device name has to be different to the filename in this situation so simply changing it to be the same is not on.

There also appears to be a five character limit on the device name when using resprint23 and resparse23 to create new resource files.

Any help is appreciated.
Mal. Received on Fri May 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message