New Oracle --- Fat Forms3 Binaries! Arghhh!

From: Raimund Vogl <vogl_at_string.uibk.ac.at>
Date: 1997/05/02

[ Article crossposted from comp.databases.oracle.misc ]
[ Author was Raimund Vogl ]
[ Posted on 2 May 1997 08:53:38 GMT ]

Hi!

We are using a Radiological Information System based on Oracles Forms3. A few months ago, our software supplier upgarde our RIS to a newer Oracle version.
We currently have installed:

Oracle7 Server Release 7.2.2.3.0 - Production Release PL/SQL Release 2.2.2.3.0 - Production

Since that upgrade, the Forms3 binaries are now about 2 times as large as they used to be! And that is pretty though on our AIX 4.1.5 server.

Our software supplier just tells us we have to accept this; it's Oracles fault and they don't care to do anything about it!

So is this all? Do I realy have to equipe my UNIX server with 1GB of RAM just to have plain-looking Forms3 ASCII appplications running?

Is there anything to do about it or to make some pressure on Oracle?

Cheers

   Raimund

--

Raimund Vogl                              INTERNET: Raimund.Vogl_at_uibk.ac.at
Institut fuer Experimentalphysik                    Raimund.Vogl_at_uklibk.ac.at