Re: DEV2000 pass parameters to Forms

From: Loyal Barber <lbarber_at_flash.net>
Date: 1997/04/24

CG wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> How do I pass values between procedures and an Oracle Forms ?
> This procedure would perform some retrieval based on a select statement
> and store the information in a variable, I then want to pass the values
> of this variable to Forms.
>
> Chris
What you are trying to do is not clear. Is the procedure called from the form you want to receive the data? If so, you can use functions
(stay away from passing back large VARCHAR2s from functions) or OUT parameters. If it is something such as menu that will be calling a form, create a parameter list and pass that to the form. If it is running totally independently, use dbms_pipe to pass information back and forth.

Loyal Barber
MCI Systemhouse Received on Thu Apr 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message