C vs. C++

From: Dick Willis <rmw_at_synchrony.com>
Date: 1997/04/23

We are developing a new application sending data to ORACLE 7.3 server.1 The data is converted to a TCP/IP packet, sent out, captured by our application, then stripped apart and placed in a table. We are C proficient, but were asked to evaluate OO4O as a tool, so we have begun learning C++. Needless to say, the learning curve is a little steeper than I had expected. Any votes out there as to whether we should stick to C++ or should we go back to Pro*C or OCI, or VB for that matter. All responses keep in mind my newbie status to ORACLE, so please be explicit in your explanations. Thanks.

--
Dick Willis, Senior Engineer
Synchrony Industrial Controls, Inc.

rmw_at_synchrony.com