RE: HELP: installing Personal Oracle 7 to Win 95

From: Markus Schwabe <schwabe_at_quantum.de>
Date: 1997/04/18

andy wrote:

> Hi folks,
> I need help in installing Personal Oracle 7 for windows to Win 95.
> Previously I use Win 3.1 with win32s enhanced and the software run fine.
> Then I upgrade the OS to Win 95. When I tried to install the Oracle
> again, it gives error message that it needs win32s to run some
> applications. Can anybody help me how to avoid this problem and install
> it successfully? Or is there any upgrade file that I need to buy or
> download?
> Please email me at: sulistyo_at_ecn.purdue.edu
>
> Thanks in advance,
> -andy-

Hey Man,

I'm sorry to say that you CAN'T install Personal Oracle 7 for Windows in your new Win95 enviroment. PO7 needs not only Win32s, it needs explicity Win 3.11 AND Win32s (you can install Win32s in Win95, but it seems that PO7 doesn't recognize it). I've tried to make the same like you, but there isn't really any chance. The only possibility is to upgrade your PO7 to the new PO7 for Win95. In the Readmefile of PO7 for Win95 there stands a possibility to attach some PO7-programs like Import/Export (in PO7 for Win95 only a shell-programm) in Win95.

This is only MY last information. I don't know anything about upgradefiles. Maybe you get a better information from other users.

Regards

Markus Received on Fri Apr 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message