Re: Server-side Java applet & OWS

From: Ken Mizuta <kmizuta_at_jp.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/04/11

I forget where I read it, so I am not completely certain, but I believe you can use JDBC with restrictions.
As with any other Java applet, you can only access the same server that the applet came from.
Therefore, the Oracle server must exist on the same machine as the web server.
The one exception is, you may be able to setup some sort of "gateway" or "proxy" to the
Oracle Server.

This is true until the concept of "Trusted" applets become a reality....

Ken Mizuta
Oracle Corporation
Applications Engineer

All comments made here are my own and may not reflect those of Oracle Corporation.

 Rutger Bol wrot
e in article <3341257D.5EF2_at_riv.nl>...