Re: convert dev2000 to unix Forms

From: Alan Johnson <alan.johnson_at_gel.com>
Date: 1997/04/09

CG wrote:

> Does anyone know the correct process to converting a forms built using
>
> the dev/2000 app to the unix Oracle Forms ? (using the convert utility
>
> in Forms).
>
> Thanks, Chris

Assuming you mean convert a Win/Mac F45 fmb to one that is suitable for either the character or graphics mode for Unix:

  1. save the fmb in text mode
  2. transfer to unix box
  3. load fmt into designer
  4. save fmb
  5. generate fmx
  6. run fmx

Note that you can't take (or at least I can't) take fmbs directly to Unix.

HTH, Alan

Alan Johnson                                              MIS Director
email: alan.johnson_at_gel.com                       General Engineering
Labs
v: (803) 556-8171 f: (803) 766-1178     2040 Savage Road, Charleston,SC
29414