Re: Webserver Question

From: Igor Keselman <Igor.Keselman_at_ab.com>
Date: 1997/04/07

Andrew Robb wrote:

> We are using Webserver 2.1 and would like to know how to produce a very
> basic web appl.
>
> We want to call up a phone list for use by staff. We want the staff
> member to be able to search for the phone number by name or surname and
> then have the details returned to them in a table form.
>
> we have been able to display the details in a table form and we have
> also been able to limit the details displayed to our selection criteria.
>
> HOWEVER what we would like to do is to automate all of this by having
> the user enter the name to search for, press a submit button and then
> the name entered will be passed on to the other form which displays the
> results in a table format.
>
> If I enter the following in the web browser location the tabular phone
> list works.
> http://................../phonelist?a_name='JOE'
>
> What we want to do is somehow pass 'JOE' to the phonelist program so
> that the tabular results are dynamic.
>
> I hope I have explained this and I look forward to your reponses.
> Thanks.

It sounds like you want to create a query screen. To do this you will need to create a separate HTML page (you could do it in the same procedure also, but separate HTML is easier to expalin). So, your HTML should like:
</form>

This should do it. I think OWS documentaion has several examples on using HTML forms to pass parameters to the PL/SQL.

Hope this helps,

Igor Received on Mon Apr 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message