Re: Development Tools for SQL & PL/SQL

From: Campbell White <Preveal2_at_vni.net>
Date: 1997/04/04

Ronan Miles wrote:

> I have been asked to investigate the problem of giving programmers good
> productivity tools for the production of sensible and performant SQL &
> PL/SQL code.
>
> Ideally, I would like a workbench that eased construction of SQL &
> PL/SQL statements / code blocks which could do things such as enforce
> good practice, give tuning tips, etc.
>
> I do understand the issues arrising from the number of client tools on
> the market and the lack of direct control of the SQL generated by some
> of them.
>
> Does anyone have any opinions, faced these problems? Any product
> suggestions or any to avoid?
>
> If so, please reply by mail to milesr_at_entcf2.agw.bt.co.uk
> --
>
> Opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect my employers

Try downloading "RevealNet PL/SQL Knowledge Base" and "PL/Vision Lite" from http://www.revealnet.com

The former is a MS Windows knowledge base written by renowned PL/SQL authors Steven Feuerstein and Kevin Owens. It covers almost 1,000 PL/SQL development topics, with code examples, best-practices and much more.

The latter is a growing code library of pre-built PL/SQL packages which snap into your development environment, eliminating hundreds of hours of custom low-level PL/SQL coding.

Best wishes,

Cam White
RevealNet, Inc.
(202) 234-8557 Received on Fri Apr 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message