How to Create procedure with Cursors, Input, Output

From: Rodger <rodger_at_infobahn.mb.ca>
Date: 1997/04/02

[Quoted] April 2, 1997

I want to create a procedure. This procedure will have:
- input variable(s)

  • output variable(s)
  • a cursor within the procedure. I must be able to control the pointer movement in the cursor with Open, Close and Fetch statements.

What is aggravating is that I can get things to work in SQLPLUS, but I can't get them to work in PL/SQL.

IN SQLPLUS: declare
CURSOR NTSI IS
Select
ntsi_ref,
ntsi_code

from agt_ntsi;
var_ntsi_ref      agt_ntsi.ntsi_ref%type;
var_ntsi_code      agt_ntsi.ntsi_code%type;
begin
open ntsi;
fetch ntsi into var_ntsi_ref, var_ntsi_code; DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(var_ntsi_ref || ' , ' || var_ntsi_code); close ntsi;
end ;

1234, the_result

PL/SQL:
[Quoted] However, trying to do similar things in PL/SQL will only give:

Warning: Procedure created with compilation errors.

How can I get the simple concept to work in reality?

Thanks in Advance. Received on Wed Apr 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message