Dynamic SQL: dbms_sql package

From: CNT78721 <drosario_at_americasm01.nt.com>
Date: 1997/04/01

[Quoted] Is there anyway that I can use a PL/SQL table in a dbms_sql.define_column declarations?

[Quoted] PROBLEM: I want to declare variables for the columns in a dynamically created SELECT statement where the number of columns is variable.

Example:

[Quoted] Created a 2-column PL/SQL table called TEST(c_name VARCHAR2,c_value VARCHAR2) indexed by an integer i.Populated this table from a cursor which returned the column names that would be used in the dynamically created SELECT string. My define column statement looked like this:

[Quoted] for i in 1..TEST.count LOOP

[Quoted]     dbms_sql.define_column(cursor_id,i,test(i).c_value);

END LOOP [Quoted] The ORACLE error message was there were 'too many declarations' for this define column.

[Quoted] H E L P !!!

Thank you. Received on Tue Apr 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message