Sum of Details on Master

From: Nico Vandenbroucke <nbroucke_at_be.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/03/28

[Quoted] [Quoted] Any1 who knows how to handle this problem?

The database holds two tables ('INVOICE' (master) and 'INVOICELINE' (detail)). [Quoted] Every Invoice line has an amount.

We would like to keep the total amount of the invoice lines in the Invoice table.

[Quoted] We've been thinking about some databasetriggers on Invoice line, but how can we handle this in Forms 4.5 ?

We know that designer/2000 allows the generation of a sum field, but I believe [Quoted] the generator then generates a non-database field.

How is forms than handling the sum field? (We can't accept a query with 'QUERY_ALL' option and we would like to query on that sum field).

If we make it a database field in forms then I think there can be a collision with the database triggers!

thanks in advance Received on Fri Mar 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message