Help compiling OCI programs using gcc

From: Henry Ohara <henry_at_isr.co.jp>
Date: 1997/03/28

I need some help compiling the sample OCI programs that are provided with Oracle 7.3 (Sparc Solaris 2.5) using gcc. Since we haven't purchased a copy of the compiler supplied by SunSoft, I am trying to compile the program using gcc.

Using gcc, when compiling the demo programs (cdemo1, cdemo2, ...), I get several errors saying that many of the cc options don't exist in gcc. When I removed all of the offending options, I was able to successfully compile the demo programs, but in each case I'm unable to login to the Oracle database, and I always get a bus error when the program is terminated.

Has anyone successfully compiled the OCI programs using gcc. If so, please help! Can you please tell me what gcc options need to be set, or if possible, can you send me a sample Makefile that successfully compiles an OCI program using gcc.

Many thanks in advance,

Henry Received on Fri Mar 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message