Developer 2000 & ODBC

From: Vijay Raghavacharian <vraghavach_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/03/27

[Quoted] I have a copy of Developer 2000 running under WIndows 95. I want to use ODBC to connect to the Persosal Oracle 7 database which resides on the same PC. I have installed the ODBC adminsitrator for Oracle 7.1. I have used the ODBC adminsitrator before to connect to Watcom and SYbase 10 running on my PC. But when I try to use the ODBC to create the data source for Po7, how do I tell ODBC what the database is ? Neither do I understand the SQL*Net Connect String value that needs to be entered.

Needless to add I am new to Developer 2000.

An early reply will be appreciated.

Thanks Received on Thu Mar 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message