Webserver Question

From: Andrew Robb <arobb_at_kilo.uws.edu.au>
Date: 1997/03/25

We are using Webserver 2.1 and would like to know how to produce a very basic web appl.

We want to call up a phone list for use by staff. We want the staff member to be able to search for the phone number by name or surname and then have the details returned to them in a table form.

we have been able to display the details in a table form and we have also been able to limit the details displayed to our selection criteria.

HOWEVER what we would like to do is to automate all of this by having the user enter the name to search for, press a submit button and then the name entered will be passed on to the other form which displays the results in a table format.

If I enter the following in the web browser location the tabular phone list works.

http://................../phonelist?a_name='JOE'

What we want to do is somehow pass 'JOE' to the phonelist program so that the tabular results are dynamic.

I hope I have explained this and I look forward to your reponses. Thanks. Received on Tue Mar 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message