Problem with oracle and web server on SGI

From: venkat <vbhamidi_at_list.gmu.edu>
Date: 1997/03/19

 We are running Oracle 7.3.2 and Oracle web server 2.0 on Challlenger series SGI
box which has IRIX 6.2 operating system. Our system starts becoming slow and finally it will not allow to do anything it just hangs. we have to do
a hard boot (it does not even allow for resetting). . Intially we thought it was something to do with the unix box as we were not getting any oracle errors.
SGI has replaced the mother board, cpu and memory all togther but we are having same
problems

we have 128MB of RAM and we are running only one instance with SGA of about 30MB
at the most 5 developers access the system at any given time.

today while monitoring top sessions we noticed an oracle process was consuming about 80% of cpu time
i killed the process and system started acting fine but it went down after a while. The process i killed
was running this command
oracle(sid) (DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq))). I think this was a process spawned by plsql catridge of WRB

any help is appreciated

thanks in advance

Venkata R. Bhamidipati Received on Wed Mar 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message