Re: Licensing of stored procedures

From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor.cs_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1997/03/18

Richard Brandl wrote:

> I am developing stored procedures to be delivered to customers. To avoid
> free distributing I would like to embed some sort of license to prevent
> users to use the procedures after a certain date or to allow users to use
> the procedure only x times. I imagine an algorithm of a self-modifying
> procedure.
> Any ideas ?
> Response please directly to
> richard_brandl_at_kybernon.com

For "certain date", simply put in the first part of your code to check if the date is past the appropriate threshold - and raise an application error if this happens. Of course, you will need to "wrap" your source so the users can't tweak it...

Cheers

--
Connor McDonald
Systems Administrator-Unix/Oracle