Oracle/UNIX Performance and Capacity Planning Tools

From: Walt Michel <michel_at_bessemer.com>
Date: 1997/03/17

We are a small company attempting to select a tool which will aid us in analyzing near term performace of an Oracle database on UNIX. The ability to collect and consolidate longer term data to aid in capacity planning is also desirable.

Longer term we'll be adding:

1. NT with SQL*Server
2. Web server
2. Network Sniffers

We've made an initial pass at: EcoTools, DBVision, Patrol and LandMark.

HP OpenView on NT seems to be the most reasonable framework. Unix seems to be overkill for the size of our environment.

Any experiences relating to database tools and capacity planning in a small company environment would be most helpful.

Thanks! Received on Mon Mar 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message