Re: howTo synchronize scrolling using the scroll bar

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/03/15

In article <332608D3.856_at_citicorp.com>, Christian Gregory <christian.gregory_at_citicorp.com> wrote:
>1- How do you synchronize the scrolling (using a scroll bar) a bunch of
> items from different tables (these items are in a tabular form), within
> a block, ie:
 <nice graphic deleted>

>2- I'd like to retrieve the content of a query from the database, such as
> 'describe table_A' and insert the result of that query to a blank block
> or window (or forms). Is this possible ? If it is how can I accomplish
> this ?

1> To display items from two tables, you create the block based on one table, and in a post-query trigger, retrieve the matching items from the second table. You can only update the items from the first table using this method unless you do some special coding.

Or you can create a view based on both tables and use that for your block's base-table. With this method, you can't update anything.

2> I assume you want to do this within a running form (and not during forms design-time). I don't quite understand the question, since 'describe table_A' isn't really a query.

If you want to access any table based on its columns in a running form, it can be done, but not easily. Just check out QA from my web site.

Regards,
Steve Cosner

Try out my dynamic data utility form, QA. Quick display and update access to any table. http://members.aol.com/stevec5088 Received on Sat Mar 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message