Implementing security

From: Michael Leung <wmleung_at_hk.super.net>
Date: 1997/03/10

Hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I would like to know what the proper way of handling user security in [Quoted] Oracle applications should be. I know that I can define an application role and then set the role in an application (Oracle Forms) with a password to limit user to access unnecessary objects. However, I find that this approach seems not very flexible for security management purpose because I need to re-compile the source code everytime I has changed the password.

Please share any experience + good reference you have. Thanks in advance.

Michael Received on Mon Mar 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message