Re: User-exits with Forms 4.5

From: Remco van der Spek <Remco.vdSpek_at_nl.eds.com>
Date: 1997/03/03

Gilles P=E9trin wrote:
> =

> We are having a problem linking user-exits with Forms 4.5 using version
> 7.3.2 of the Oracle RDBMS. To see if our stuff was the problem we tried
> to "make" the example given by Oracle, we issued the following command:
> =

> make -f sqlforms45.mk f45runmx EXITS=3D"ue_xtb.o ue_samp.o"
> =

> Their stuff doesn't work either, as with ours, we get a bunch of
> "undefined symbol" errors starting with: go7mqm, go7mee, upipi, upidfps,
> =

> All the undefined symbols are found in Oracle's object modules. Customer
> support wants to help us by sending a consultant for a couple of weeks
> ($$$).
> =

> Did somebody encounter this problem before?
> =

> Gilles P=E9trin

Hi Gilles,

I don't know the cause to the problem but I came across it myself about two=

weeks ago. When I called Oracle support in the Neteherlands they advised me=  =

to make a small change to the makefile, in order to get it working. The cha= nge
did the trick for my situation, but I'm not sure it will help you as well..= =2E
Try the following:

  • for the f45runmx part of the makefile replace SSLIFTAB by SSLIFNGTAB

The extra 'NG' seems to mean something like 'No chart Grahics' (according t= o
the Oracle person I talked with)...

  • =

Remco van der Spek tel.: +31 70 3014288 fax: +31 70 3206115 Electronic Data Systems (EDS) International B.V. / Shell Account Loire 206 2266 JV Leidschendam The Netherlands Received on Mon Mar 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message