Re: creating synonyms with pl/sql

From: L120bj <l120bj_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/02/22

Unfortunately you can't directly issue any DDL from PL/SQL, ie you can't issue CREATE TABLE, CREATE INDEX, CREATE SYNONYM etc. To do it you'll have to use the DBMS_SQL package which is provided as part of the database. You may need to run a special script in the rdbms/admin directory, I think it may be catalog.sql, but the ORACLE Application Developers Manual should tell you exactly what you need to run, and how to use DBMS_SQL. If can't find the necessary documentation mail me and I'll dig it out. I'm assuming that you're on ORACLE 7 Received on Sat Feb 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message